my 9 month old is becoming very cling what can i do?

kel87

Asked by kel87 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is the same way! The only man he's around is his father so he's also scared to death of men. I just started sending him with strangers and making his g-pa take him more often. It's working wonders.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 10:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Clinginess is normal at this age.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 10:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Me too. i just disappear when I can and let strangers (neighbors, family) talk to him & hold him whenver possible.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Its totally normal for babies to go through a clingy phase at this age. Just give as much attention as you reasonably can. Trying to force separation will only make a baby more clingy and insecure about you not being around. NEVER sneak off. If you do have to go somewhere without your LO, smile, say goodbye and let baby see you leave to avoid the confusion of not being able to find you. In the meantime, enjoy that your LO still wants to be held and cuddled all the time. There will come a time when YOU will want to hold and cuddle, but baby will be to upwardly mobile and interested in exploring the world to have as much time for mama!
    Rachelou

Answer by Rachelou at 12:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Enjoy it while you can. soon your baby will want nothing to do with you lol :(
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2008