Is it appropriate for me to be concerned about my kids teachers opinion of me?

Or is it totally weird? We had a rough 1st week and his teacher and I have talked 3 times, 2 of which I cried. I am paranoid she thinks I am a fruit loop now.

oh - they were (at least in my opinion!) valid reasons, I cried once of sadness and once of happiness. The school bus ditched him and the school librarian had to drive him home. He was from my perspective LOST for about 25 minutes and I was a wreck.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in

• Oh my gosh! My son's school lost him on his first day of kindergarten too. I was a wreck and not only crying but I kind of screamed at a lot of people. I am certain the fact that you only cried was much appreciated by the teacher and the school! Plus I am sure that she sees parents that do not care too much about what is going on in their kids life so having a parent that cares as much as you is probably refreshing. Don't sweat it, you are okay, I am sure of it!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Crying because your child is missing is not weird, and I think everyone wants their kids teacher to like them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I bet the teacher is happy to have a parent that is involved with the school and actually makes contact with the teacher. Keep it up! Our children's success in public school is greatly influenced by our involvement.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No matter what impression the teacher got, she is not going to be any less polite and communicative with you. I'd let it go. :) :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• lol, nope dont worry about it. Teacher has seen all this before. I bet she has even had some irate parent yell at her at one time or another...all in her days work as being sons teacher,,,hugs
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• um, I wouldn't be worried about what his teacher thinks about you based on that... believe me, teachers see MUCH MUCH worse than that from parents!!!! having a parent that is crying is WAAAAAY better than a parent who is cussing the teacher out... soooo, don't worry about it.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• they should be glad you cried , i would of told them off for not paying better attention to my kid! Of course i would of cried 1st if my ds was lost for 25 min , then id let them have it,lol.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I work at a high school, so I can tell you, we pick up on what kind of parents most of the kids have. If you're sane for the most part, but just kind of sensitive, then they won't think you're psycho, but I can tell you from first hand experience, there are a lot of them that are totally psycho and not fun to deal with. I'm not a teacher (fortunately) but I work in one of the busiest offices in the school. But I wouldn't worry too much, if you're even half way normal and the teacher can work with you for your child's success, she will like you.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 6:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think she'd be concerned if you didn't cry when he was missing!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Who cares what they think. I would havein the same situation.
    rylymama

Answer by rylymama at 12:57 AM on Sep. 16, 2010