How did you know you were meant to be?

I've been with my SO for almost 3 years, we have a 15 month old together.... we've been through alot, he's done some things I haven't been able to forgive him for , and I did somethings to get revenge for that... I love him but I'm not happy for him... He asked me to marry him but I told him I'd think about it.... but I feel so empty, but I can't imagine life without him..... is this normal or are we not meant to be? Any advice would be appreciated because I am so confused!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Love is patient, love is kind.
    It does not envy.
    Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
    It is not self-seeking, nor easily angered.
    It keeps no record of wrongdoing.
    It does not delight in evil,
    But rejoices in the truth.
    It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.
    There is nothing love cannot face;
    There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance.
    In a word, there are three things that last forever:
    Faith, hope, and love;
    But the greatest of them all is love.

that is taken from soemthing and i don't want to affend anyone... but that is how you know you are meant to be...
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• ME and my husband went through things which gave me similar feelings, it was before we had our son but it took me almost losing him until I finally was hit with the fact of just HOW much I do love him and didn't want to be with out him, I am just glad I figured that out before it was too late - I still don't know we are MEANT to be but I know we are SO in love and happy -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think you were meant to be. There seems to be a whole heck of alot of bad blood between you two.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i can't say if you and your SO are meant to be... only you can know that.

But, I knew my husband was the one for a lot of little reasons but here's a few examples:
    -He makes me feel beautiful; not just sexy, pretty, cute, etc... but really Beautiful
    -He respects me and loves me for who I am, not who he thinks/wishes I was
    - He never leaves me guessing about how he feels about me, I never had to wonder if he wanted to date me, talk to me, marry me... He tells me what is on his heart and never strings me along like other guys did.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I never felt as if I was "meant to be" with my husband. I loved him, he was a decent human being (not perfect but who is?), we came from similar backgrounds and experiences and we had a lot of the same goals for the future. I decided to take that chance; I could see building a life and a future with him. It hasn't been easy at times and we've been through a lot but we love and respect eachother (faults and everything) and we make it work.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Clarification on "meant to be" ... that sounds too much like the decision is left to fate or destiny and I don't think believe in that.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• What were the things that r unforgivable??? U both need to be able to let alot of things go and forgive and try to forget,unless u two can do that,u won't make it, I would not marry at this time. U need to work out all your issues and problems first. Marriage does not make problems and issues disappear. U need to sit down and be honest with each other and talk.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• First off, if you can't forgive him you need to move on. If you are truly feel the way you say you do, then you aren't meant to be. When you know, you know...you don't have to ask.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think if you were ment to be you would know but the key here is you stating your not happy.  You and he both deserve to be happy try some space and see how it works. Just staying with someone bc you are afraid to be alone doesnt count .

lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If he's the right man for you, then there would be NO doubts about marrying him or being with him. You state that you cant imagine life without him, then take a moment and evaluate if he's the one for you...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 5:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010