Do people just assume

That when some people ask questions regarding (other) people about friends/family etc. that people seem to think that they are talking about them selfs. No matter what the question is about. The people that do it gives it away like they secretly "think they know" that that person is really talking about them selfs and just make it seem likes it's about another person.

That makes me feel like you get no honest answers. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• LOL... yeah I think a lot of people DO assume that. I've thought of that too. Sometimes it's humorous and other times it's quite annoying (particularly if you're the one asking the question). =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well I think that unless the OP specifies that the situation does not apply to them then the ladies reading the question could only assume, no fault on anyone's part given that all the information is not provided.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• you mean the"I have this friend" posts? I dont mind if they say that, if it makes them feel more comfortable being in the third person. Sometimes I think it helps them to see it as a third party to it, maybe gives them a different view of their problem and how to fix it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It does happen a lot.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• maybe, maybe not... I would answer the same way regardless because I don't know any of the people on here... to me its all anonymous
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That happens in real life, too, not just on CM.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sometimes I think you can read that int the post I think it helps them ask the question without feeling embarrassed

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010