What should I do about my childs father???

OK....call me crazy if you want to. But I have a situation and I would like to know what you think about this. My husband and I split up back in May. He said that we just didnt click anymore. So we seperate and I move back in with my mom and stepdad. Of course we had our battles and fights and arguments. We finally signed divorce papers and it will be finalized in November. Now that it is all signed he is calling me and telling me that he wants me back and we need to take things slow and maybe do couseling. He says all he wants is his family back. Now do not get me wrong I do love him with all my heart but he is lazy and he has cheated in the past. My parents do not like him because of all the hurt that he has put me thru. My parents tell me if I go back they will never help me again. So my question is should I work it out or not?? What would you do????

sdb081505

Asked by sdb081505 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• well if you love him and you think you can TRUST him than of course try to work it out, but I would start just back with maybe a couple dates and maybe a couple sleepovers! But if he has cheated on you in the past, can you really bring yourself to think he will never do it again? and I am guessing there are children involved of course, think of them first, of course they want to be with their dad, but if you are not happy they can tell, they feed off your emotions and moods! BE VERY CAREFUL! and good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Maam this is a question only you can answer in your deepest heart of hearts but I can tell you what I would do and what I've been through. My ex started cheating on me when our duaghter was 5 months old. He moved out immediately and lied to my face over and over. After she dumped him the I want you back phone calls started, then it was showing up on my doorstep. At one point he even broke in to the apartment to leave me flowers. Well being "in love" and wanting our family back together I tried to work things out. Big mistake. It blew up in my face repeatedly. If I were you I'd make a lcean break. You will find someone someday that treats you like gold and will love your children like they're own. Don't ostracize the people you know you can count on for a maybe type scenario with your ex.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• follow your heart! no one can tell you what makes you happy! Your parents might tell you that they do not and will not help you if you get back with him but they will get over it! as far as him being lazy tell him to prove that he has changed and that you will not put up with the lazyness if you guys get back together! Go through the counseling if that is what he wants both of you guys probably do need it (AS A FAMILY)! i LOVE YOU HUN!
    purpleroses_04

Answer by purpleroses_04 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• That is all nice and dandy what everyone has said....but lets not forget that he has cheated in the past..Do you really want to go back to someone who is unfaithful..do you really want to be always wondering if he is lyning to you....For me I could not go back..It is hard to start a new life and move on, but I would rather be alone than with someone that I could not trust...And I too believe in following your heart..I do...Once sham on you...Twice sham on me!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Don't stop the divorce proceedings. Go to counseling. See if he makes good on at least this intent. It would be great if you could work things out. But you both have work to do. Bad things have happened, but it sounds like it's not to the point of no repair. Love is a gamble. But making it work is not an impossible task if you both want to put in the effort to fix it.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have just came out of the same situation. My husband cheated on me and so I got revenge. Well, it ended up where we split on and off for about 2 yrs. We are back together now and have been for about 8 mths. We have both changed our lives and started going to church. If it weren't for the grace of God, I don't think we could have made it. I hope this will help you think about your situation.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2008