Why atheist care about Your religion!

Hey I found this great video, and just wanted to share and see what others think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ImMtHrrKo

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 9:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow. I'm not an atheist, but her enthusiasm was good. Maybe she should go into public speaking!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• yeah I'm thinking a world without rules would be great! Lets all run wild and do whatever we want. Thats 5 minutes I'll never get back. Are you kidding me? Geez according to her atheism is all about no rules or regulations basically. Sounds like children that were never able to accept authority and turn into adults that want to indulge in anything and everything and have no conscience of right and wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Have common sense! Her view was not about running around without rules. Would we not still have the government? Last time I checked, you didn't need the bible to tell your kids to say no to sex. The fact is, there is a segregation of Church and State. She and I are both tired of Christians trying to rule the country. I absolutely agree with her that too many innocent lives have been lost to religion in religious wars. What do Christians want? Another Holocaust? That's what would happen if they got their way in a country with so many other religions than their own. Hypocrisy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Interesting... if a Christian or Jew or just someone conservative spoke into a camera like that it would be labeled as hate speech and intolerant ... glad we live in America.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• What do Christians want? Another Holocaust? That's what would happen if they got their way....

Oh, please! You're suggesting that Christians want thousands of innocent people do die? I don't know what "Christians" you are referring to, but I can assure you they are NOT true Christians. However, I don't think you're referring to anyone you know. I think you are making a broad and biased statement. You don't have to be a Christian, but you don't need to be making ridiculous comments such as that.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• thats just it Atheist don't want to be told anything, they are their own authority. Someday and probably real soon here with the way the world is headed you will find out their is a God. And you will be on bended knee and bowing with the rest of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Anon, don't be so ignorant!

Being atheist has nothing to do with not wanting to be told anything or being their own authority figure. The way you word it would imply atheists are atheists simply so they don't have repercussions for their actions and likewise Christians only believe out of fear! It's simply not true in either case. Are YOU only a christian because you're afraid? No, didn't think so.

That would be like me saying Christians are only Christians so they could get away with sinning becasue they only have to ask for god's forgiveness and it's okay!

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am an atheist, it I listen to other people's views, I do not judge, I don't talk to other people about my views, I do not run around wild and crazy and without rules, and I will not let my son do that either. I do not believe that I am my own authority. I don't indulge in anything and everything, and I am very concience of what is wrong and right...You women need to know what you are talking about before you spew your judgments down upon others. And you really really need to stop being so catty, it is sickening.
    Anonymous

• I *hate* that people seem to think you can't have morals or "rules" without believing in a higher power. It's sad that you don't think some people can just be good people - without fear of retribution or promise of reward. People like THAT scare me. If you're only good because you're being told you have to.. yikes. I am a good person because its the right thing to do. I've been told I would "make a good Christian" (whatever THAT means).. and I really get frustrated with people that make assumptions without knowing. Much like the anon poster above.. I believe in moderation, tolerance and understanding. I am far from perfect, but I shoot for being that way.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I truly believe that God put it in everyone that their is a higher power...."Him"..they are just to lost to admit it.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008