my 11 months baby still cannot eat chunk food .she spits the food when I tried third stage food the othe day.why is that?

when will they start eating chunk veges,meat e.t.c.

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 9:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• More than likely she's being "lazy" or is having a hard time chewing. Check with your pedi first to make sure there are no chewing/swallowing issues and then be consistent. She'll eat when she's hungry, keep offering the same cunky foods. Both my girls were eating table foood in small pieces by a year.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• None of my kids liked the 3rd stage foods. Try to give her one of the Gerber Microwave dinners. They are very soft foods and taste alot better to them. For my kids there was something about the third stage jarred food that all 3 of them didnt like!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My daughter was always very "texture sensitive" She would spit out the food and eventually she would spit it out examine it and then try and eat it, maybe she dosent like the texture as of yet?
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 10:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• try mashing up fresh food. my babies preferred that to the 3rd stage jar food. after tasting the 3rd stage "food", I agreed with my babies! lol
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My boy is a texture baby!! He's almost 16 months and still spits out chunkier food! He is completely off baby food and eats only table food now. He will take bites of apples or celery and spit out the chunks. He is also getting in two molars right now, so some of it may be teething pain. Just keep offering the chunky stuff, it does get better.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 15, 2008