TErrified

I just found out there is something wrong with the baby...well it doesnt look good, and its hard to think about. but i have to go for an amneo tomarrow and im terrified...Im pretty sure its gonna hurt. can anyone help me. ?

firztimemom

Asked by firztimemom at 10:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Please be calm... Stressing over this will only cause more harm to your baby and yourself. From what I'm to understand the amnio is uncomfortable but not painful. Please try to relax, your doctors will do everything they feel they can and if you don't agree you can get a second or third opinion...
    What are they saying is wrong with the baby? And what "does'nt look good"?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• They said there are fluid pockets all around the baby, that could me chromosomal. So we may have to terminate because there may be a chance the baby will not be able to live outside the womb. I am trying to stay calm. I know i have her to worry about, but its def. not a good situation to be in.
    firztimemom

Answer by firztimemom at 10:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Do a ton of reading before you ok this test. Why do they say you need it? What determined that something was "wrong"? Don't take the idea of an amnio lightly. What would an amnio determine?
    Truly fear is your enemy. Go into this as a protective, informed, and thinking parent.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I do not want to sound selfish, but i do not want to carry a baby if there is a chance it is going to die at birth. It may be missing one x chromosomes. they say girls are XX well she may be XO and without that chromosome she will not be able to live without my blood. Id rather know now if she will be able to live on her own or not.
    firztimemom

Answer by firztimemom at 10:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Oh sweetie I really hope that everything works out and that she will be ok. As for the amnio...it is not too painful and in your situation the results far outweigh the little bit of risk. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck.
    butterfli4201

Answer by butterfli4201 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Every baby has a chance that it will die at birth. It will not be any easier now than it will be later. If you make this decision, please make sure that you have a strong support group to help you. I don't in any way judge you. It is a difficult decision. Please know that these tests have a fairly high rate of being wrong. Just make an informed decision, not one based on emotion and fear. Doctors do not know everything.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 10:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My only advice is please try to relax...Often these initial tests have false results- so you may be worried over nothing. Take a deep breathe- you will know more soon after the amnio. Doctors are wrong all the time- try to be positive.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 10:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My baby died in the womb 29 weeks but I don't regret carrying her. I knew she had trisomy 18 but wouldn't terminate. The grieve was easier to handle then knowing I killed her. The grieve does go away and it was helpful to name and bury her... hold her and gather mementos. I would seriously consider this before you terminate.... the doctors aren't always right either!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2008