Why?

Why do some people feel the need to be so stinkin' confrontational? For example: Last night at work (at a baby-store) these three black girls come walking in (before you get your panties in a wad, their being black IS relevant to the story) and they are KNOWN shoplifters. They come in with HUGE empty purses about three times a week, never buy anything, and leave with bulging purses. Now, every time they come in we call a code over the intercom to let employees know the deal - and they follow the girls around to dissuade them from lifting. (cont)

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 10:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Well, they are screaming and yelling to avoid being arrested. If they create a scene, maybe the store will let them go. If they claim racist behavior...again...maybe the store will let them go. I hope that they were arrested for the shoplifting crime. Someone should have said what you just did. "NO we are not accusing you because you are any color, We are accusing you because of your prior record here for shoplifting." That certainly would have shut them up a bit. A great offense is a Great Defense. Don't let them bother you, They are criminals!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• So last night they (finally) come to the realization that we know what they're up to. They immediately start screaming and cussing for everyone to hear. One girl is yelling about how we're all "racist" because we're accusing the black girls of stealing (umm...noooo...we're accusing you of stealing because you're stealing!). Then they want to know where one co-worker of mine is so that they can "meet her outside". Really? They should be so embarrassed, because FIRST they got busted, and SECOND, they made this huge scene in front of about 20 people. So my question is, why do people feel the need to act this way? I would NEVER scream and yell in a store, as it would do nothing but make a bigger ass out of me..........
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• The thing about people who commit bad behavior such as this is they don't want to admit that they are at fault. It must be because of someone else. It's a shame that some people act like this but it's the way it is with some individuals.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I work in retail also ... its the ones that put up the most stink about thinks that are the most wrong.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• You should also keep in mind that creating a sceen is a way to divert attention to one left behind to steal while everyone in the store is focused on the drama!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Our shoplifting policy is BEYOND annoying. The only way we can do anything is if you are carrying something out in plain sight. Otherwise, we have to let you go. Our policy is "pester them with 'can-I-help-yous' in hopes that your constant presence will deter them". Ugh.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Creating a scene is also a way of letting any partners you have in the store or waiting for you that you are busted and they need to leave.
    Shoplifters rarely work alone, they usually have someone assisting them on the lookout ect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It's 2008 and we have a black man running for President. Don't you know by now everything white people do is being blamed on racism? Just because you are accused of it, that doesn't make you one. I hope they go to jail for a long time ( again)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have come to notice that when black girls need to be confrontational they will start to yell and cuss, I think it makes them feel like they are big and bad, but to me they look and are ignorant and stupid beyond belief. Plus, when you are guilty of something you will get loud and stupid, which is what they did! They call racism on everyone, even on other colored people...dumb really!
    Anonymous