Can you please give me some advice or let me know if this is wrong or right?

I have been seeing this guy who is 22 years old... I am 26. We both are single parents and have known eachother since we were kids. I really like him but I don't know about the age difference or if this will go anywhere. Last night he stayed with me and we almost did stuff but didn't... we spent the other part of the night discussing our kids and our feelings towards eachother. I feel so good when I am with him. I just don't want to get hurt... this is our second attempt at this, the first didn't workout because he just got out of a relationship and he didn't want me to be just a rebound.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• My hubby and I are almost 5 yrs difference. My Brother and his wife are 12 yrs apart. It is really how you feel about the how relationship. If you feel there is a big difference they you will worry abut it the how time.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well hopefully this time around he has done a litle growing up and by the sound of it if you reconnected it sounds like perhaps he has. Only advice i can give is take it slow if you have hesitations about the relationship the age difference between you two is really not by much, you're both single parents so in that area you can relate to the other and the struggle of being a parent; that's a positive thing. Enjoy the relationship for now and see where it goes, good luck!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• IMO he has too much baggage for being so young. I'd say bad idea to get serious with him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• is he mature for his age and suitable as a husband. i don't think age should play a big factor when you know that he is secure and healthy to handle a serious relationship that has potential to be more.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The age difference is only an issue if you make it one. If you really like this guy just go for it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i dont think age matters nearly as much as maturity...however, the handfull of younger guys i have dated have also been very immature. because this guy is a single parent, hopefully he acts more like a man than a frat boy. if you have strong feelings for this guy and think he would be a good person to have in your and your childs life, then go for it. my mom is 5 yrs older than my dad and they have been happily married for almost 30 yrs, so it can work...it just depends on the compatability of the 2 people involved.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• just take it slow for both of ya wont get hurt
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Everyone has baggage in one form or another...only you know the deep details of what this man is bringing into the relationship. If you get passed the feeling part of this man and get to his heart, then you know that age is just a number, it hold no relevance of how well he can treat you...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 5:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010