I don't know my rights as far as telling my ex hbd not to let his wife cut my boys hair. I have primary he gets vis. They aren't responsible at all, and I am a hairstylist!

She is 22 and they shaved my 8yr old bald w/ a mohawk I am beyond P.O.'d! I haven't talked to them about it because kids were around.

TobeyMomma4

Asked by TobeyMomma4 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• It should be common courtesy that they ask you if they can, but doing it, I am not sure there is anything you can do. We get my step-daughter every other weekend, and when we wanted to cut her hair (because mommy wasn't doing anything with it other than lettering it become dreads) my DH's ex said okay, but we cut it short and she didn't like it. It's just common courtesy. They shouldn't have done it without your permission, but I don't think there is much that you can do.
    Mommy2HAZE

Answer by Mommy2HAZE at 11:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I AGREE...THEY SHOULD OF AT LEAST ASKED YOU FIRST IF IT WAS OK...
    SATX23

Answer by SATX23 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It would have been polite....but unless it specifies cosmetic decisions are to be discussed or are to be solely your decision in your custody order/parenting plan, then there isn't anything you can do. The only way I could possibly see putting an end to this type of thing would be if his school had a policy about hair styles...if it weren't acceptable at school then your ex would have to keep any haircuts he gives the boy within acceptable parameters.
    templeghost

Answer by templeghost at 12:05 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• unless you can prove she shaved his head out of a manic eposide then legally there isnt much. BUt you do need to talk to them about it. and research different options and venues with custody based on the whole picture of things
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 12:25 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

hendrickson