My 1 year old won't sleep all night!!!!

My 1 year old started sleeping all night at 3 months... She's 13 months old now and she wakes up at 1:30 EVERY NIGHT!!! We used to be able to just give her a sippie cup and she would go back to sleep. Then that didn't work so I figured she might not be getting enough to eat at dinner, so I thought she was gettting hungry. NO!! She wouldn't eat anything. Next I thought maybe she was getting too cold because it is an igloo in my parents house, NOPE!!! I don't know what the h-e- double hockey sticks to do. And my husband is the one who gets up with her, and he has to be at work at 7am. Someone help!! Please

dctsmom87

Asked by dctsmom87 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids go through spells where they wake at night...its normal. Here is what we did when our dd woke up,,,
    if she woke up, we went in there and made sure she didn't need a diaper or anything, offer her a drink, but kept the lights out so she knew it was still night time, we told her it was bedtime and laid her down, if she cried, we saw to her needs and eventually went back to sleep on her own. eventually she just stopped waking up ...it was a phase, just make sure not to play with her and to keep interaction to a minimum until morning.
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 10:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My son has only slept through the night twice in his life, he is 16 months old. Have you checked her mouth for any teeth? My son is getting molars right now and I know that has some affect to his not sleeping. Usually my son will take a bottle and go right back to sleep though. There are times I will turn on the news and he will go back to sleep within 10 minutes. Just keep trying things out. As for the husband getting up with her thing, THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK, have you tried getting up with her? She may want you and not him. I don't know if you work or anything, but that could be another thing for you to try.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2008