Any advice on how to sleep during these last few weeks of pregnancy?? No matter what position I get into circulation is cut off somewhere on my body.

JenLavazza

Asked by JenLavazza at 10:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well.. I had to sleep in a recliner the last few weeks! That was the only way for me. Otherwise my legs would get numb, or my belly would just hang and hurt. Good luck! It will be over soon!
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 10:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Sorry! This was a big problem for me too! The only thing you can do is try taking naps during the day. This way, if you're only sleeping for a short period of time, you don't have time to feel too uncomfortable if you kn ow what I mean. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• In my last weeks my friend recommended a maternity pillow by Leachco and I wondered how I made it through most of my pregnancy without it! I still sleep with it. Its awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• LOL@recliner, i was somewhat there too. I cannot sleep on my back for anything, unless I am on a couch; the only way I could make it through the last 2 months was sleeping on the couch LOL! (I too had circulation issues, where my limbs would fall asleep rather easily, and this actually helped a lot with that as well) GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:32 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I bought that huge noodle looking pillow at Babies r us- it worked great for me
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I used a body pillow. I would put the top under my head, then the middle under my belly, and then the bottom between my legs. That was very comfortable, and nothing went numb!! You can get one for like $10 at Walmart I think. I don't have mine anymore, when I get pregnant next, I'm going to have to go buy a new one!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I use my hubby as my pillow....lol..I sleep like a baby.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I loove my body pillow. I've been using one since I was about fourteen years old, so naturally I'm using it during this pregnancy. It sucks laying on my left side to sleep, my baby cuts off circulation to my right hip and thigh and it's such a weird nasty feeling : / I personally end up on my back most nights or I try and stay on my left. My boyfriend spreads out and takes up more than half of the entire bed though, so my space is limited -.- Damn him, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• OMG! Girl I'm right with you. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I don't even know why I even TRY to go to sleep, lol its horrible but hey we both know it will all be over soon right. Good Luck with everything!!!
    GoodlilAngel725

Answer by GoodlilAngel725 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2008