my baby poops four times a day.Is it normal or should I reduce her food.she is 11 months now

Asked by asatyal at 10:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies poop a lot! Do not reduce the amount you feed your bay without first talking to your pediatrician. You can call and speak with the nurse on staff and get great advice over the phone.

Answer by litstargazer at 10:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Totally normal!! My son poops about 3-4 times a day, and if he doesn't then he is all crabby and constipated! But don't reduce the food unless you talk to your doctor!

Answer by CarieP at 10:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It is very normal. It seems like the more they poop the better. My son just turned 6 months old and he poops 4-5 times a day.

Answer by Ashley200804 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• She should eat when she's hungry! Don't "reduce" her food. :) Some babies poop more than others. Changing them isn't always pleasant but several poopy diapers are better than no poopy diapers! :)

Answer by nytefae at 1:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2008