Homemade holiday gifts on a budget?

We're in the middle of our second adoption process (within 2 years) so we're trying to keep a semi-tight budget. What are your ideas for homemade holiday gifts that make nice gifts (not something that will just sit on a shelf or get regifted) but that are inexpensive to make?

So_Blessed7

Asked by So_Blessed7 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• Garden stones are pretty easy to make and look nice in most yards. You can but kits or make your own. You can make knotted fleece blankets all you need is material. For close family a frame with pictures of your kids in it would be loved!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Hot chocolate packets in a small bag with a spoon attached with chocolate on it. , put in a tin stuff to make cookies and directions
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Try http://www.craftbits.com/ for ideas.  I do gift baskets that are themed for holidays, a movie basket with movie passes, rental gift certificates, etc and lots of yummy snacks is always a welcome gift.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• A neighbor made me some crocheted dish cloths and crocheted dish towels last year .. they're great. They hold up much better than anything I've found in the stores and look so pretty!

I've given 6-packs of cookie mixes in a jar ... chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, butterscotch, molasses, cocoa walnut, and coconut snowballs!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Food gifts are always nice if you know what the recipient likes. I like to do the themed baskets, too. Breakfast baskets are good, they can use them on Christmas am. Also movie themed.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010