Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my little girl is 15 months she was recently lpaying on a trampoline (it had the safty features) she went to scoot herself off and was calling my fiance and she scooted herself between the springs an got bruises on each leg the she was trying to walk onto the paved driveway from the grass and triped an scratched her nose an forehead. she went to visit her dad who knew what had happened but still took her to child protective services. and got a protection order so i couldnt see or talk to my baby until we go to court which is on 10/22 .


Asked by brittanybell at 10:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 10 (484 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • i just saw the rest of what you wrote, but here is what i would do. have the custody lawyer get the protection order taken care of, then, have a true custody agreement, make sure that you mention his drinking outings to the lawyer, or anything that the judge would need to know, also this will set up support payments legally so you have options if he doesn't comply. i hate that you are going through this...i would definitely call a laywer ASAP!!!! maybe they can get the date bumped up or something...

    Answer by KEHMom at 10:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • he hasnt had anything to do with her until 4 months ago when i set up a visitation schedule. he doesnt take her to the doc or change her diapers or even play with her he takes her to his moms an goes out to drink.. PLEASE HELP ME I AM MISERABLE WITHOUT MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by brittanybell at 10:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • I would get a lawyer first thing. Sounds like the custody battle is getting out of control. I would definitely talk to a custody lawyer because they will have experience in these kinds of things. Hopefully they took her to a doctor and the doc can determine that the bruises were from typical play, not abuse. But wither way, a lawyer is the best way to go.

    Answer by KEHMom at 10:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • I don't know what state you're in but Temp. orders of Protection are rarely lifted. Get an attorney immediately. Tell them EVERYTHING you know about the EX. Get rid of the trampoline. EWhen we adopted our grandchildren the social worker made it very clear she(or her department) "never approves" of trampolines. I was so curious I called DCF/CPS and was told the same thing. If you get rid of it it will also tell the judge you understand it was a problem and you got rid of it. Good Luck

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • i talked to a lawyer they said they couldnt get the date push up. and the child protective services lady was supposed to meet with me and mt fiance at our home yeaterday but never showed. i called to find out what happened an they said she reschuduled it (WITHOUT CALLING!!!) so i called a lawyer to find out what to do.
    we already has an established cs payments...
    we were going to court for custody but i was dismissed be cause he was sending back all mail from the circuit clerk saying he didnt live at his address.
    so i have to refile AGAIN!!!!

    Answer by brittanybell at 10:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • it wasnt our trampoline it was an uncles we were helping him pack up from the walmart of all yard sales...

    Answer by brittanybell at 10:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008