Do you believe in Soul mates?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 3:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I believe that God has plans for our lives and that He might have someone we are intended to be with. I also know that God can take our mistakes and being good into the world. So even if you don't end up with your "soul mate", you can still have a loving and successful relationship.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sometimes, but I'm not sure.
    Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Haha, given our history, I do. Completely :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, but not in the traditional "one true-love" sense.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Depends on your defiinition of a soul mate.  I believe that a soul mate is someone who fulfills you on every level, so yes I believe in soul mates because I married mine.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Interesting background behind soul mates - ancient people believed that humans used to have two faces, four arms and four legs. The god Janus (who is drawn with two faces) grew upset at the mortals and pulled them apart forcing them to wander through life looking for their other half, or soul mate. I don't know about believing in soul mates, but I do believe in true love.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no, not in the way most people do. i believed there was someone 'out there' for me, and only me, and it was up to me to find him. only one kind of man was going to be able to put up with someone like myself, and love me all the more. did i look for him intently? no, not for years. when I decided i was ready to find him, i cleaned out my closet, so to speak, to make room for this one guy. i decided within myself that only i could present someone with the awesome lady he was looking for. see, its not one-sided, and i didn't believe God was going to drop him on my front porch out of thin air. i had to prepare myself for the one who had prepared himself for me.
    if that's what you mean by 'soul mate', then, ok.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes and I have mine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Kind of.

I believe our circle of soul mates aka family/friends, is never ending. So each life those same souls are around us and we are drawn to them and desire that connection.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010