Has anyone had a delivery in a regular labor delivery room with a baby born with Gastroschisis?

If so how soon do they take the baby away from you after you have the baby. Do you have enough time to take pictures? Will they let you take pictures? Is the people in the room limited due to the baby condition far as mom, mother in law and of coarse my husband. Will my husband be able to cut the umblical cord? Is it safe for him to cut the umblical cord.

unique2003

Asked by unique2003 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • So I looked this up. If your child has this. Yes they are most likely going to limit who in your room. Because with what ever is out. There is a great chance of infection. But really this is something you need to talk to your Dr about.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Thank you just trying to ask some mothers whom delivered a baby with this condition. Doctors advised me to talk to other mothers that has gone through the condition before to get a better understanding being there is no reason/explaintation for the condition. My doctor told me it was going to be better to have a vaginal delivery rather than a c-section because of all the tuging and pulling just depends on the baby condition when its time to deliver. Another mother who delivered a baby with this condition told me she had the baby in a regular labor room instead of operating room. I was guessing operating room because of it being sterile. But she said she was about to give birth in a labor and delivery room.
    unique2003

Comment by unique2003 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010