Are your kids closer to your SO's family or to your family?

My daughter is closer with my family. My entire family is close, including my parents, my cousins, my aunts, my uncles and the grandparents I have left. My DH's parents are both deceased and all he has left is his brother and his wife, his half-sister and her husband, his half-brother and his girlfriend and his half-siblings' mother. But the only one that seems to want anything to do with our daughter is his brother and his wife. It's kind of frustrating, but I guess we just have to be thankful for who does want to be apart of her life.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My children are closer with my husbands family, but only because they live in the same city as us. My parents and family live in another province so it's hard to see them regularly. My son (18 months) loves to talk on the phone and skype with my parents. We are trying to keep them as close as we can.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Both. We have spent equal time with both. They love all the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. My MIL & FIL have both died in the past year. My kids were close to them. I'm so glad they were.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• While mine see both sides of the family frequently my kids are closer to my family (my mom, dad and sis).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids are close to both.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My parents are dead and my remaining siblings are somewhat detatched but I still have to say my kids are closer to my side. My DH was adopted and when he turned 16 they just sort of pushed him out of the family.
    kellymsons

Answer by kellymsons at 3:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Mine are closer to my husband's family. Only because we live close to them and not my family. We live over 600 miles away from mine.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my family. DH family never calls or comes around exept holidays and birthdays. They live close by too they just never come around. My family I go over there quiet often.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• DH family lives in Mexico and all he has over here is his brother and his brothers kids. I would have to say our son is closer to my side of the family since he see's them more. It makes me sad though that he hasn't really met his papi's side of the family:(
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Both! I am very Lucky! My children are the only grandbabies for DH's parents. And My brother doesn't really call my parents as much as he should so my children get most of the attention. We talk to both sets of grandparents at least 3 times a week as well as on skype.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• They're closer to my family. We see them frequently. We normally only see my husbands family on holidays, and the occasional birthday.
    Noni2319

Answer by Noni2319 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010