Does NO really mean NO, or are there times a woman deserves rape?

If you continually put yourself in harms way, for instance, and a man makes a move on you but you say no, despite the fact that you were tipsy or flirty or what have you- is it your fault if he attempts rape and/or hits you? Should you report it?

kellymsons

Asked by kellymsons at 3:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont know
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Heck yeh a someone should! no means no, no matter the circumstances rape is never ok!!! EVERRRRR!!!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• OMG no means no, doesn't matter what has happened before. You can be in a relationship and say no and if he has sex with you it's rape. Always report it, if he does it once he's most likely going to do it again.
    katiliffe1982

Answer by katiliffe1982 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• um. NO ALWAYS means no. No one deserves that kind of treatment. Yes Even if I was flat out drunk passed out on the floor and I found out I would still report it. Even if you start and then change you mind and say no-stop it is STILL rape. Most reffer to that as gray rape and a lot of times it goes unreported but it should be.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I can't believe you'd even ask this!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• rape is defined as : the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.

HE made the choice,HE took advantage of the situation. rape is NEVER a women's fault.

if she feels strong enough and has support from family and/or friends, i think she should report it.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No means no and no one deserves to be raped. It is horrible and you never get over it.

I didn't flirt with him, I barely said one word to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• And it is NEVER 'your fault' that someone lacks the self control to listen to what you are saying.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I dont think a woman ever deserves to be raped. How many times has the woman been blamed for rape happening? All the, if she hadnt been wearing this, if she hadnt been walking alone there, if she hadnt been drinking, if we went with this way of thinking, no man would ever be prosecuted for the commision of a rape. Rape is an action and the accuser has to take responsibility for that action.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Im going through something similar with a friend right now and she is deathly afraid that because she was drinking and flirty she will end up in some type of trouble. I want to be there for her, I want to walk with her every step of the way but I cant even get her to stop crying.
    kellymsons

Comment by kellymsons (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010