What names do you love but would never use?

I love the sound of a lot of unique names like Maverick and Suraya, but would never actually use them for my children.

What names do you love but would never actually use?

So_Blessed7

Asked by So_Blessed7 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Baby Names

• Kaydance. I like the name, but I'd never ever name my child that.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My husband and I loved the name Zosima. We wanted to name our first born that..until we actually got pregnant. He thinks it's a boy name (because Zosima is a monk) and I think that it's better for a girl...so we can never use it because we can't agree..haha.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• There are lots of names I just love but can't see myself using like: Nevaeh (it's so popular), Piper, Cadence, Mackenzie, Ruby, and Josie. I've tried working them into my kids' names but it never worked.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 3:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I loved the name Cadence when I was pregnant with my daughter but my husband was absolutely against it (he likes traditional names) I also love Sahara though I don't think I would ever use it. When a friend of mine was looking for a name I suggested Cadence and she used it but a different form of spelling and I also helped my sister with one of my other favs for my niece Addison (this one I would have kept my deep dark secret had I planned to have another child) :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Lucas I like that name for a boy, but I would never use it because that is our last name. It would be pretty funny to call his name (if we had a boy) Lucas Lucas LMBO
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I love the name Elliot. But I think for a boy it would be considered soft sounding....I love it for a girl, but hubby never thought it would sound good on a girl. I also love the name Lincoln, but hubby would never agree to that either lol. We like different names, but ones that aren't off the deep end either....it's a difficult balance....a big responsibility to name a child I think lol :)
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 4:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I love Makiah Rose for a girl and for a boy Brax lee but my dh said absolutely not.
    ReachtotheStars

Answer by ReachtotheStars at 12:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Ronan (It's Irish and means little seal), I would use it, but probably never will.
    Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 2:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Matthew...always loved the name, but my children's father's brother has that name and quite frankly i would never name a child after him !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:22 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Alexander, Emmett, Isaac, Frederick, Maximus, Gabriel, Allister, Aiden
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2010