For those of you that has had more than one c-section...

Was the healing process any easier for you the 2nd time around?
I had a c-section with my last baby. Here I am due next week with our 3rd and even though I'm going to try to go V-Bac...theres always that possiblilty that I will have to have another c-section.
The first one took me aout 3 weeks to heal and I had some sever pains in my neck and arm from either nerve damage from the spinal or muscle spasms from all the tugging and pulling.
Anyway...was the 2nd or 3rd time any easier for you than the first? What has been your experience? Thankyou :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I will be having my second c-section in a couple of weeks. From what everyone has been telling me, the second time around was a lot easier and quicker to heal from. I think it's because you go in kind of knowing what to expect. I, however, am very nervous. I didn't have a bad experience with my son, but this time around, I will be caring for a 21 month old toddler and a newborn baby. DH will only be home for a week.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• mine was alot longer, over a month...but that's because the stupid army doctors didn't know what they were doing and didn't listen to me, the PATIENT, when i told them i needed a blood transfusion...they decided to listen after i blacked out 3 times...and they made me walk way before i was ready, which was before the blood transfusion i finally got...just make sure you have good doctors and you should be ok :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• actually both of my c-sections healed about the same time... I had other complications with my second and I guess those things made it worse.... but actual healing time was just a couple of weeks.
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 3:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I've had two c-sections. I would say that 3 weeks is pretty good. If I remember I started feeling like I could walk easier, breathe fine after a week. Still sore for a couple weeks after that, but nothing like you're saying. My second surgery was actually better than my first. First one was an emergency c-section after 24hrs of hard labor....so exhaustion played into that. I loved my scheduled c-section....and the recovery was fantastic. Hopefully, if you have to have a c-section there won't be any spasms or nerve damage...that sounds like that made it more difficult for you.
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 4:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It was a little longer the 2nd time. But mine where 19 months apart. I imagine that if your c-sections are furthur apart the healing process would be about the same. But thats just a guess.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Mentally, I'd say the 2nd one was easier. I was terrified the 1st time. The actual physical healing process was about the same each time for me. My girls were born 25 months apart, FYI.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh, and best of luck to you with your birth--I hope your VBAC works out well. Either way, I'm sure you'll have a lovely baby...congrats!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Mine will be 19 months apart :)
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010