Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I'm ready to scream!!

Getting divorced soon and when we do...I'm moving with the kids to my home state. Every time I say something my soon to be ex husband disagrees with, he threatens to file for joint custody. He has no interest in having any form of custody whatsoever and has said he is fine with seeing them every other weekend, but he keeps holding it over my head that he will contest it in court and keep me from moving out of state with them. He is the most spiteful, vindictive person I know and it's really making me angry.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • I know all about the spiteful ex husband. Listen to my advice..if he is blowing up every time you say something he disagrees with...stop talking to him about stuff. Let the lawyers and the courts handle it, thats what they are there for. The marriage is already over, right? Just a matter of having all the documentation drawn up? Let it go, theres nothing left fo ryou to talk with him about now. Tell your attourney what you want in the papers and let him deal with your soon to be ex husbands attourney on the issues.
    Good Luck! ~HUGS TO YOU~!!

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Let your lawyer talk to him

    Answer by mamaofficer at 4:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Get ready for it to get ugly, it aways does. How many states are you moving over. My husband has a daughter prior to us meeting. It makes the court bias towards her because we moved to Louisiana and she is in mississippi. Your husband could just be scared because Father's are suppose to have rights....but they get walked all over in court. he loves his children, please don't forget that going thru the divorce. You can loose custody if you are not trying to promot a healthy relationship with the father and children.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • I dont know where you live but in Oregon joint custody has to be agreed upon by both parties. Otherwise one will get sole custody and the other parenting time. What you need to do is include in the papers your ability to move more than 60 miles w/notice.

    Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.