have you ever accidently or caught

your child having sex or doing something sexual what do you do do you ignore it my is child 18 so i am not sure what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• there been two instances and iam not sure what to do... i made dinner and suprised her by coming over to her apartment and i left the food on the counter nad well left quickly thats when i saw her having sex and other time she just moved to her place a month ago so 2 months ago at our place i found her idk how to say it playing with herself in her room because at a typical time i always come in and say good night well she was wearing a skirt and i put to and to together and idk i want her okay to talk to me about stuff like that but idk how to deal with it...its normal right? at 18
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My babies are still little, so my answer is no. I hope it stays that way. I dont ever want to walk into see something like that. Ewww
    CharlotteluvsJ

Answer by CharlotteluvsJ at 1:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I walked in on my son pleasuring himself one day. I was taking clean clothes into his room for him to put away. I simply ignored it and walked out. I should have knocked. Young adults need their privacy and it's perfectly normal thing for them to do. I also walked in on he and his gf having sex. They had 2 children together so it's not like it was a surprise. I thought they were asleep. The baby would not stop crying so I went in and picked the baby up and walked out. They should have locked the door! If your child is having sex with someone else in your home you have a right to set down boundaries and discuss safe sex. If your child is having safe sex alone then I'd just respect his/her privacy.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Well i still have just babies.

However I would be pretty mad if i walked in on my kid having sex or doing something sexual (Besides maybe masturbation..that might just be awkward) in my house. I dont care if they are 18 or not.. it wouldnt be allowed in my house..
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• she was masturbating in our house but having sex in her apartment but it still kinda scared me like wow shes that grown up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yeah im sure that was a shock, as a parent i dont think id ever want to see that..lol.. But i have a long way to go before i have to worry about it.

Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• personally, i'd call my mom and cry!!! LOL!
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 4:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• if your child is 18,well, do you smack them in the head for doing something you disapprove of in your house, or do you get them protection? guess it depends on your viewpoint. but since you asked for mine, get protected adn an std test for them.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• she's 18 and in her own apartment? you need to start by learning to respect her boundries. your relationship has changed. now is the fun part. you've battled through adolosent hell and have emerged in one peice. your reward? hopefully a relationship where you can discuss anything wiht her, so just ask her one day if she is protected, has she been tested, and when are you gonna get to meet this guy she's so crazy about? do not be judgemental. she's an adult and she will resent the hell out of it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I HAVE A 19 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO IS SEXUALLY ACTIVE AS OF 7 MONTHS AGO...FIRST, I WAS HAPPY THAT SHE HELD ON TO HER VIRGINITY TILL SHE WAS 19, HOW MANY GIRLS CAN CLAIM THAT? I TOOK HER TO PLANNED PARENTHOOD FOR BIRTH CONTROL PILLS AND EXPLAINED THE DANGERS OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES...WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
    NONNY1124

Answer by NONNY1124 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2008