Does Living together and sexual relations before marriage hurt the relationship

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 3:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I lived with my husband for over 4 years before we got married, and we had our son before we got married. Our relationship is fine, and we couldn't be more happy and more in love:)
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think that you can't actually base it on just those things.... every relationship is different... I know a few people who didnt live together or anything until after they were married and they have bad marriages ( 2 of them are even getting divorced) while I have pretty much the same amount of friends who lived together and some even had kids before getting married and they have really strong relationships
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 4:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think so, you get to know each other before you decide that they are the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 4:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It didn't for us. I am glad we lived together before we got married. We got to know all our corks and that before we got engaged and married.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It didn't hurt mine any. Every relationship is differant though.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think it's a good thing-Just so you know what you're getting into.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Does trying on a pair of pants before you buy them hurt how you'll wear them once you bring them home?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would say that it helps you make sure that is who you want to be with because you know the other person well but for some people that is not true. For some, once the I do's are said it all changes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• ive been with my SO for 6 years liven together not married and we are just fine
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't see that it hurts at all, but I also don't see how it helps. It is what it is
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010