Getting married.. what does it add to your life?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends on the relationship. For mine it didn't change much. Just the fact that I have to divorce him if I want to leave and not just break up with him. Then leave. My husband and I were already living together for three years before we were married.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• stress LOL.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• This depends...for me, it added a sense of stability to my life...I never wanted to get married or have children but once I did my whole life changed and I saw my life differently.
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• There are two things. First, it gives you legal rights. Second, it's a vow two people take who love each other and are willing to make a life long commitment. However, some people forget what that is and lose sight of why they married in the first place. I think the adding part is subjective. It varies from person-to-person. Marriage can be fulling if the couple allows it and does whatever need to be done to make it happen.
    lioness3e

Answer by lioness3e at 4:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• A husband, a wonderfull one at that, for almost 19 years. Plus two beautifull kids and security
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• For me: stress, hell, pain, heartache, pregnancy, and my daughter is what I got out of marriage. One positive thing out of tons of bad, and now we're getting divorced.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Marriage isn't all bad. It is work, but any relationship is. To me marriage is making a commitment that is not there with living with someone. Having a "boyfriend" is something that you do in gettting to know someone or as a teenager, marriage is what you do as an adult when you choose the person you want to spend your life with.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That I would be eternially bound to my loving husband!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I haven't quite figured it out yet, initially it was because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with the person I loved, the person I had my children with and on a legality note it made sense for us.
    However that being said in the last 3 years - its only brought headache, pain, loniless, frustrastration, stress, anger...there are some good days in there and we're working to make it better...but its a challenge.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It gives me love, companionship and a life long bond with the love of my life.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010