Should I have asked for contact information?

I was having lunch today in a local Mexican restaurant. I was with my husband. He was oblivious. Across the aisle were two women my age. The one was complaining about her husband. I felt that everything she said applied to me. I wanted to ask for contact information before we left. I really would have liked to have the opportunity to talk to someone who knows what it is like to be live with my husband. I did not say anything to her. I keep wondering if I should have.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 4:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I would of wrote my name number on a napkin and gave it to her.... Saying I feel the same way about my husband! Call me!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think it would have made it seem like you were eavesdropping and she probably wouldn't have appreciated it.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You could have. I would see nothing wrong with that, although if your husband HAD noticed, he might.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think it would of set to well if she knew you were listening, even though you were in a public area. However, I think maybe you should speak to someone about the issues your having. It's not good for you to keep things inside. Maybe, the counselor would know someone you could speak with who would understand were your coming from. I don't know your situation and you have no need to explain, but maybe you could think of a support group that would understand. Just a thought. I pray it will turn out well for you.
    lioness3e

Answer by lioness3e at 4:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It would've been rude to ask her for her contact information to discuss husbands without knowing her...do you have someone you can confide in and possibly help you and your husband deal with your issues?
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• either the woman would have thought you were out of line or your husband would have so unless you waited until he was in the restroom to go over and talk to her then you made the best choice
    QuEeN_bEe_03

Answer by QuEeN_bEe_03 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010