What do you agree with ?

I joined a convo on a newsite, talking about Oprah ( who I like ) ... there were alot of comments saying like, " I wish she would dissapear ", " No one wants to hear about her ", etc... so I commented and said " I am sure all of the people who she has given, homes, cars, and money to care " ... because even if you hate her she has done alot of good for people.....

the comments I got back was that the homeless and poor people would be better off without her giving them a house , a car, or paying for thier schooling, because now she burden them with taxes"

Do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I love Oprah! She is not responsible for the people of this world, although she has givein more than anyone but God would know. We don't need to know, it's none of our business. She came up the long, hard way and has been tremendously geneerous, in more ways than millions of other multi-millionaires or billionaires. Instead of criticizing Oprah why can't some people just be grateful for what she has done? She has a huge heart and gives so much joy, love and money and land and schools, orphanages, etc. etc. to multitudes! It seems that no matter how much or how little people give and do there are always those who complain and find fault with them. Get real!
    Smiles4U430

Answer by Smiles4U430 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think the bulk of the people who have watched her are not the ones who had something handed to them. It's all types of people. I'd hate to think that her viewer base would expect something. To those she has given something to. I think she felt it would help. Anyone who gives is free to give to whoever they wish. So I can't agree or disagree unless I knew everything she's given and why.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't agree. Shoot- If I was handed a new car or anything for that matterand only had to pay taxes. I'd be okay w/that.

Nobody said they needed to accept.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

•  I don't agree about the gifts, they shurely helped.

Oprah has been a daytime institution for 20 year..she deserves respect

That being said, I dont really watch and my hubby cant stand her! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• For the few who got her goodies, it was good. They were lucky. The majority didn't and in the long haul, her giving away riches didn't do much for the country.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think she has done many good things and that she has received some bad press and resentment from jealous people.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010