Do you believe that we should use the pill or natural methods

The pill is not a 'natural product'. By means of chemical products, the goal of the contraceptive pill in any case is to block the physiological process of the woman in order to render her infertile.

The natural methods of family planning (NFP) are different in that, without suppressing her physiological rthymn, the woman comes to know her cycle with precision: the alternation between the time when she is non-fertile and the time when she is capable of giving life.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• I don't think its a one size fits all answer. For me personally... chemically suppressing my tendancy for estrogen dominance is in my best interest to avoid uterine cancer. But for the average women with a normal chemcial balance, NFP probably is a good choice for her.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree w/ Birth Control 100%
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I believe that for me the pill is the way to go. I'm not afraid of chemicals and I trust that it works. Otherwise I believe every one else should use what they are most comfortable with and have the most faith in.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think you should do whatever is best for YOU.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I trust medical birth control; I don't trust the natural methods. I was reading that even if you use natural planning or the pull out method, you still have a 20% chance of getting pregnant; I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I don't want to take any chances.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

•  

This is what the NFP will get you. IF you want MANY children then that is fine for you. But if you want a smaller family, then birth control it is.

I think it is for each family and each WOMAN to decide. It really is nobody else's business.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think different things work for different people. I personally take the pill.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• what ever is best for u use it as for me i cant use any birth control
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with karamille. For me NFP is our choice, but it has to do with I am allergic to all sorts of the pill and other forms of chemical suppression. Or rather my body can not handle the chemicals and extra dose or hormones that the pill and or shots (etc.) provide. But that is just me. For others the pill is their option, some due to an increased fertility. JMHO.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• also just FYI NFP is just as effective for many. . . It has worked for me and I only have one child. . . just something to think about.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010