How do you feel about...

Sex outside a marriage? For/against? How about a child outside of marriage?

P.S-I know a LOT of us on here are unmarried w/children. Please no harsh comments if you're against it.

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think women make like a lot harder on themselves by concieving children when there is not a solid established relationship with legal commitments, but I don't think poorly of them if they do otherwise. Maybe a bit worried for them, but not any ill will. As for sex before marriage, I am most glad I had sexual relations prior there to. The thought of marrying my first boyfriend and being stuck with such a selfish lover would be horrible. :P Good sex with someone who has the desire to please you without being offended by your input to what you like/dislike is SOOO important.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think it would be ideal to concieve a child in marriage but the way things are in this world today..I really don't think its a big deal anymore.Marriage is almost a laughable concept anymore.Just because two people are married doesnt make the relationship better or stronger..it just makes it more expensive if they decide to break up,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm not against either. My son was conceived and born almost a year and a half before DH and I got married.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Against.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 4:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sex outside of marriage...I mean you have to make sure the shoe fits right? I have a child outside of marriage so I really can't say much about that I wish he had a strong male influence in his life but he doesn't and things happen we do what we have to do to make our own situations work.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have two kids and I never got married it works for some but not others.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had a baby out of wedlock... and promptly married the daddy. We've been together ever since. For us, it felt like the right thing to do, even if we did have kids much earlier than we wanted to!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My husband has 2 children out of wedlock, by different mothers. One lady he was with for 13 years.... and he also raised a son who was killed at the age of 18 in a car crash... His son is 20. and his daughter from a previous relationship is now 7 (He doesn't regret having his daughter, but does regret being with the psycho his daughter has to call mom.) And we have 2 girls, 3 and 11 months old together :) While this relationship wouldn't fit all people, it sooo works for us!! We are in love been together many years and married!

My husband lost all his family has a young child. His mother at the age of 8 and father, grandmother, grandfather. He now only has his children and me. Think about how sad it would be not to call us a mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle. Very lonely unless you fill it with God's blessing of Children!

And we had sex before marriage :) Its great, no complaints!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• In my ideal world -- marriage before children. Marriage before or shortly after living together, and sex before marriage is fine.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't say I'm for children before marriage, but I'm certainly not against it or look down any one - I had my children before I got married. If I had to do it over looking at how my life is now, sure waiting would have been the better choice for me - but things are still good in my life and I love my boys just as much as I would if I had waited.
    Sex before Marriage - well absolutely . :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010