How should I Advertise my new business??

I just started selling vitamins and i dont know very many people, so i was going to try to sell online, but i'm not the greatest at marketing. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

RobinHarmony

Asked by RobinHarmony at 4:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have the same problem at the moment - I sell used clothes & the best thing I've found so far is using the cafemom marketplace - which doesn't get many hits at all. If any... & Also I've just started a competition on the website which helps because I can add that to competition websites and hopefully get some attention.

The best of luck to you!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Do you have your own website or at the very least your own telephone numbers, e-mail and PO BOX? If you do, then I suggest you join Merchant Circle and other similiar business directories. I also suggest you set up a LinkedIn profile and join several groups there. Set up a Facebook and Twitter page. Join several business groups here on CM and advertise. Make cold calls to businesses. Those are the things you can do for free.

For a fee, you can buy online ad spots using Google AdWords and Yahoo. You can mail out postcards, brochures and business cards.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• advertise any way you can! Cafemom, craigslist, flyers, business cards. Try to find places where your "target group" will be. Since you are selling vitamins I suggest local gyms and park bulletin boards where people go to work out. The very best source of advertisment is word of mouth...once you get a certain group of satisfied customers people will come to you by recommendation. You can get cheap or free business cards printed at vistaprint. good luck with your new business :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have a post in my Blog:

Free Advertising

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010