Single moms, How long before you let your new BF meet your child?

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 4:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Meeting is not so much a problem. But only as a friend. Not a boyfriend and definitely not a sleepover. No physical contact or affection, just frieldly good times.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• never~I don't want men coming and going in their lives...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 4:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Wow surfcitymom...do you wait until after marriage?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• you should always be real careful when it comes to this things kides see hear every thing and are smart if you bring one guy and it does not work out and then a nother your going to make your kid wounder lots of things that he should not be wored about like what happend with the other guy so just really be shure that your sereas and he is to about evrything be for taking a big step like this
    sindysu

Answer by sindysu at 4:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think meeting them is the issue-I was single-am single for some time-I dated a few different people-some of which my children met, but they didn't stay over. I think, or at least, I thought it was important for my girls to know that I was happy and having fun. My girls met my current boyfriend of 2 1/2 years now after about 4 months. On the beach-they met him as my friend, maybe 2 months after that as my boyfriend. He moved in with us after 15 months of dating. It is probably not perfect, but it seems to have worked do far.
    annabelsweet

Answer by annabelsweet at 4:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am not a single mom but my close friend is and she keeps letting her little boys get attached to those men who are only there for 6 -12 months and then of course it falls apart. Not only is she heartbroken and mourning but so are those little boys. Every time one of these guys move on, its like daddy is leaving them all over again. Its almost too much to watch. :( She is talking to another guy and SAYS she is not bringing him around the kids until they start talking engagment. I hope to sticks to her word for her kids sake....
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have 3 girls and Im not with the daddy at all. The gy Im with now meet my girls about a month after dating. It been 2 years now and hr still here, Its up to you. If your ready them go for it. Your always goin to have people in and out of your life. Just don't kiss him were they can see.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My step daughter comes to stay at our house every other weekend and all summer and vaca's... She was about 6 and asked me "Why does my mom have so many brothers" ....meaning boyfriends....
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My SO met my children about 6 months into dating. He met them very casually, and wasn't around a whole lot. It was very nonchalant and as a friend. After about 4 months, he was coming around more and more and I told them he was my boyfriend.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I've dated a little bit since dd's dad and I broke up and my dd has met 2 of the guys. With both of them I waited for around 3-4 months before letting her meet them in a casual setting. I mean if I'm getting into something serious then my kid has to like the guy and vice versa otherwise it's a deal breaker. I'm not gonna be put in the middle like that. The first guy I let her meet I really thought he was the one, but turned out he was an ass. I can't sneak around and not let my child meet the guy I'm in a relationship with.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010