how can i pass a GED test with two kids

i am going to take a GED test its been 4years of no school im 19 and ready to get my life together how can i study with a 4 year old and a 1 year old that need mommy every 2 sec

sindysu

Asked by sindysu at 4:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• What I found back in the day when I was young and gave birth to my first was the best way to study was to make big posters in every spare minute & stick them up in the house at the places I went to with the children. I.e. the bathroom while I shower, flash cards over the washing machine etc etc.

GL!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Why do they need mommy every two seconds?

You can study before they are up in the morning, when they are napping, and after they go to bed at night. You can also study when they are playing, just have them close by so you can watch them and interact with them while you accomplish what needs to be done.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with Alice.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Get a sitter and study OR study while theyre in bed. They have courses that can prep you for the exam. Most community colleges and unemployment offices offer them. Id look into that. You may qualify for free childcare too. Just ask the school or whoever is offering the class. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Make time when they are sleeping and even when you are making dinner. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If you decide you can do it, you will be able to. If you decide you cannot do it, you will not be able to. POSITIVE THINKING and Believing in yourself and your capabilities is the secret to success.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree as well
    tigger08

Answer by tigger08 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with the PP's! You can also look into your local workforce center, sometimes they will pay for childcare when you are pursuing GED, etc.
    GL on the test!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• got to be clever about it~you can sorta move naps around, make early bed times with early dinner and baths leaving you an hour or two left of your good brain time. Just know it is easiest while you are so young...your brain hasn't shrunk yet like us oldies.

get a good diet of mineral based foods (veggies) and try and sweat via exercise everyday...maybe looking into omega 3's~getting your focus is the hardest part with kids being so taxing with interuptions....flash cards, and working lots of math problems...good On Ya and its really neat for your 4 year old to see you do this~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 4:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• honestly, idropped out at 16, and passed without ever studying 8 years later! As in this year! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010