IS IT TRUE

IS IT TRUE THAT EVEN IF BREASTFEEDING WHEN SWITCHING BIRTH CONTROL YOUR SUPPOSE TO USE A BACK-UP METHOD OR IS IT TRUE THE FIRST TIME GETTING THE SHOT IT IS EFFECTIVE.

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfeeding has nothing to do with effectiveness of birth controll. It's always adviseable to use a back up plan for the first month of starting a new method
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with Zakysmommy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Breast feeding is not birth control. Use condoms for backup for the first month same as if you weren't nursing.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• if you are breast feeding only you can still get pregnant but if you only bf and give no formula it will work as a birth control...I bf exculsively and did not get preg. untill I started weaning him off then I got preg. But if you are bf and formula feeding or don't want to take a chance you need to take the birth control but he mini pill.
    Joey07

Answer by Joey07 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 10, 2010