Gay Celebs

I just recently found out that Neil P. Harris is Gay. I liked him as an actor but when I found out his sexual orientation it totally turned me off. The same thing happened when Ellen DeGeneres "came out". Although I like to think I'm not prejudice for some reason this really turns me off. In fact, any kind of glorification of a sexual relationship other than that of a married man and a woman really gets under my shin. (I couldn't watch Sienfield) I feel like such a hyprocrite though cuz I'm living with my boyfriend. Am I the only one who feels this way?

CKasting

Asked by CKasting at 4:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would like to say yes but its not true who cares what a person is sexually or what their orientation is as long as they deliver.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• thats very ignorant, intolerant, and yes prejudice to dislike someone for the way they were born. it's no different from hating people with blue eyes
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think you're the only one who feels that way. I personally don't understand how anyone could feel that way, but I don't dislike anyone for what they believe. My husband and I are both very open-minded; my husband's best friend and our DDs Godfather is gay. I love Ellen, I think she's amazing (I've met her in person a few times, she's so sweet and quite striking) and Niel Patrick Harris is an awesome actor; their sexual orientations have nothing to do with how I feel about them.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was saddened when I found out Neil was gay. As a Christian sin should turn us off, it should make us fill sick to our stomachs.
    Living with your boyfriend... that depends on if your having sex or not. If you are then that is called fornication which is sin and it should also turn you off. :-) Just sayin.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The only thing that "turns me off" of a celebrity is if they commit a crime, act like complete jerks etc.. I couldn't care less if they are homosexual or heterosexual

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 4:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yikes!! Wow. All kinds of condemning going on here. Who cares what they do at home in private. On TV and in movies,they are entertaining and that is all I care about!
    What an un-christian way for you ladies to live!!! Mean and hurtful!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You're entitled to your opinion, though I happen to disagree.

To me, unless I'm in a relationship with someone, their sexual orientation is none of my business. In the case of celebrities, they're paid to entertain me, not to allow me say in their personal lives.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I couldn't care less what someone's sexual preference is, especially celebrities, since it certainly isn't going to affect my sex life. And if you didn't know Neil Patrick Harris was gay until recently, you must've been living under a rock somewhere.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• well im not christian, and i dont think being homosexual is a sin or that theres anything wrong it but it does kind of turn me off. for ex, my i just found out my best friends 16 yr old brother is bisexual, and has a boyfriend and it really kind of makes me sick to be honest to imagine this boy that ive known my whole life kissing a boy and taking it in the butt and things like that.. but thats my own thoughts that i cant stop in my head. its not something that i would ever share with him or that i would act or anything like that because im not really a prejudice person and i dont think gay people choose to be gay, but im not gonna lie- the thought of it does gross me out.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I couldn't care less about the sexual orientation of celebs, honestly. I don't think other people being gay or having premarital sex is 'glorification' of the lifestyle. They aren't asking you to try it too... they are just living their lives, whether you agree or disagree with it, just like you're living your life whether others agree or disagree with it. Though I do find it kind of ironic that you don't like it when television depicts 'living in sin' when you say you live with your boyfriend. Not criticizing you, I just find it ironic that it's okay for you, but you don't want to see anyone else do it!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010