What would you do?

My daughter complains often that her side hurts. It is always the same spot and when she is running around or dancing. She does it when she has not been running or dancing too much. She won't even be breathing heavy or anything. I have asked the doctor's office and they say they don't see anything wrong with her. What would you do at this point?

Peajewel

Asked by Peajewel at 4:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Tell her to raise her arm on the side that hurts as soon as it hurts. It will go away. And have her drink more water. It sounds like a stitch in her side.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would make sure she doesn't have a kidney issue going on.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with making sure she is getting enough water. If it keeps up, take her to the Dr for testing.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Could be growing pains or dehydration. I would do a little reading online and also talk to the dr if it persists.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:21 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• water, water, more water... if they don't see an issue and it happens often when she is "doing" something... sounds like she isn't drinking enough...
    you could also add some stretching before she is active to help any tightness in that area.
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yup more water
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010