Longer workouts vs shorter workouts?

I am trying to get back into shape and workout more often but I'm having a really hard time fitting exercise in. My DD (18 months) will get up and dance with me if I do a workout DVD but can only stand about 10-15 minutes before she starts gettting upset. And she HATES me lifting weights or doing yoga. I recently discovered that I get streaming workouts on Netflix that are about 10 min long and I wanted to know if I do, say 4 10 min workouts during the day is that as good as doing a longer 30-40 min workout.

Gooberzilla

Asked by Gooberzilla at 4:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You should do it while she is in bed and only what you think is best for you.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no its not the same. especially not if your doing cardio, because the whole point of cardio is keeping your heart rate up for as long as possible. do you have any gyms around you with a daycare? my son is 15 months old, and im a member of a gym about 20 minutes away, it has a great daycare, he didnt like it at first but after about a week, now he loves it. and its good for him and good for me. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Any amount of exercise that raises your heart rate is good.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with doing cardio. My mom told me that's how you lose the most weight and she is right. I have lost a jean size already from doing an hour worth of cadio everyday for 4 days a week..
    Do it when she is sleeping. I use the EA Active for Wii.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If you can do it a short amount every day or at least most days you will still benifit from it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2010