What would you do if you walk in on your child having sex?

Would you handle it differently if it was your son or daughter?

Peajewel

Asked by Peajewel at 4:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Scream bloody murder and throw the girl/boyfriend out and tell them they are longer welcome in my home.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Probably freak out at first, then handle the situation once everyone is fully clothed.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well my son is just a baby right now. But I have thought of this and I think I would (unless I change my mind before he gets older LOL) close the door quickly and through the door tell them to get dressed. And when they come out tell them it is not aloud in my house. Idk I'm sure I would be shocked though. Hmmmm Ill have to think more on this lol :)

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would have had a breakdown if I saw any teens having sex and particularly if one of mine did. Fortunately,they didn't. They had brains to wait until they were in college......and in a committed relationship. No way would I tolerate teen sex. They would feel my wrath. ANd then I would tell them about morals and self respect and self control and ....birth control if they were dumb enough to want to do it again.Arghhhh.......
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would not be happy, very disappointed.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Cry!
    ohmommamia

Answer by ohmommamia at 5:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my Dh and I have talked this one through fully. . . united front. . . as soon as we feel our DD is showing sexual interest we have a talk. Tell her to be honest with us about it no matter what and trust she will be. Also tell her and make sure she knows to have safe sex if she should choose to have sex. I would rather know she is safe and home than out god knows where with god know whom. . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• OHHH BOY !! I think the shot gun would be going off lol .. not sure I would .. I think I would be freaking out for one thing !!
    MrsTT

Answer by MrsTT at 7:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Stand there in shock I think. No, for sure, in shock, just stand there rooted to the ground, not moving, in shock.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 8:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would freak out and run, probably screaming "OMG! OMG! OMG!" Regardless of gender, I would have a talk with them about privacy and birth control, STDs, etc. If it was my daughter, I would get her on birth control and give her condoms. If it was my son, I would give him condoms. This is assuming that they are 15+. I don't want my 15 year old having sex, but it happens and I can't undo that or even really prevent it, so I would rather them be safe than trying to sneak around and end up not being safe. If they were younger than 15, I would freak a lot more, but I don't know how I would react.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010