Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


How can I get a college grant BESIDES the Pell Grant?...and some legit places to apply for one?

Answer Question

Asked by PorscheJ at 5:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in

Level 5 (60 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • If you are hoping to go to a particular school go to their financial aid office and ask for information. They should have all sorts of info for you.

    Answer by elizabr at 5:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • All the financial aid packets are available to apply for, so I told. I did this once, but it's got to be paid back with a very low interest. The sources for this aid are applied for by going to the college you want to attend and filling them out prior to the semester that you want to start. Upon finishing, with no gaps, you are entitled to the full possible grant based upon your need, and usually if you paid into taxes the year before. , or (2 yrs. before) not sure.

    Grants are free, loans are for 6 months free until you place a job, in then which it is 15 yrs. to pay it off.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • In Texas we have maybe your state has something like that

    Answer by KimPippin at 6:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Try these websites or

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • talk to your financial aid office

    Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

  • Yeah ask @ financial aid office and the career center at your school

    Answer by mekarevell at 7:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in
Back to college against the odds

Next question overall (Pregnancy)