Ever been injured by your tongue piercing?

Dr. Brian Martin, a chief of the division of pediatric dentistry at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, states, “I’ve seen patients fracture their teeth by repeatedly clacking the piercing against them,” says Martin, “Or sometimes a kid will break a tooth when she inadvertently gets the piercing between her teeth as she bites down on some food.”

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• I used to have mine pierced..had to remove it when I was in school for my stna and it closed up. ANYWAY..YES! I broke a tooth with this big metal ball I used to wear all the time...cracked it right down the middle. A few weeks later, I bit into an apple and half of it broke right off and about 2 months later, the rest broke off. It was in the back of my mouth, thank goodness. Would I pierce it again ? Eh, maybe..but I'd only wear plastic balls! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• can't say I have
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my dentist is always trying to get me to take mine out, but no i have had mine since i was 14 and im 23 now and ive never injured myself on it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have mine pierced i have cracked one tooth from bitting when i would get mad you just have to be careful and play with it a whole bunch which is almost impossible when you first have it done.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no lol. and i have had mine since i was 19 and im 30 now.
    ladys007toner

Answer by ladys007toner at 5:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Nope but I have a shorter bar than most. It never cracks my teeth and unlike most people I can barely get it to pass my lips and stick out of my mouth.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• nope, never. I've had mine since I was 16 and now I'm 25...never had an issue witih it.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010