how long did it take to lose the baby weight?

how much weight did you gain and how long did it take for you to get back in your pre pregnancy jeans?

how did you do it?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 5:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I gained 30-45 each time and was able to lose most of the weight in 6-8 months. I breast-fed and swam 4 days a week.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i gained 60 pounds. i still have 5 pounds to loose and my son is 15 months old.
    i eat a no carb diet, and exercise as much as possible.
    but i still have too many cheat days and dont get to exercise as much as i would like.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I gained about 25-30 pounds and it took me about 6-8 months to lose it all...and i am actually thinner now than i was in high school.... I do a lot of stuff outside...gardening...riding horses...farming... running after my 2 yr old (its hard to keep up with him sometimes)
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i gained 15 pounds. i lost most of my weight when i had my son. he was almost 9 pounds. then i breastfed for as long as i could. it helped me lose the last few pounds. it only took me a few weeks to lose the weight. i weigh less now then i did before i got pregnant.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I gained 30 lbs exactly. By 6 weeks it was all gone. I lost 14 of that by having him. He was only 7lbs though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I had this problem after both kids: The pregnancy weight came off fairly easily without much effort (2-3 months), then at around 6-9 months the weight started coming back on like crazy over the next few months. Now matter how low I took my calories, the weight was creeping up. I had a really hard time getting that off. STill working on getting it off after my second and he is 19 months. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I gained about 40 pounds and it was all gone in a few day's of giving birth. I didn't breastfeed at all and I have no idea why it came off so fast.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 5:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL I gained 70 lbs with my first lost all but 25lbs then got pregnant again 4 months after baby 1 gained another 60lbs. So you could say I blew up. I breastfed my 2nd baby so I'm going to say that helped me lose alot of weight. But I love to eat so I just eliminated really fattening unhealthy things and just tried to watch portions. 3 things I strictly watched and didn't eat much of- soda you'd be amazed how many calories you will save there I had one a day. Mayo- started using mustards on my sandwhiches and in recipes replace with plain yogurt. Fatty cheese- american, velveeta- used more cheddar and parmesan and at fast food places I skipped it. It was a nice change because I could taste the meat more. And I added some exercise in. Didn't have money for a gym so I just got of my lazy butt and started walking. Lost all but 5 lbs from both pregnancies. Good Luck there's lots of advice out there just don't try unhealthy stuff.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 6:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• OOps lol went off on a tangent there. I never got backinto my pre-pregnancy jeans you can't lose your hips that's bone structure but I like the new curvier me. As for the time to lose all the weight about 14 months.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 6:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i gained 55 with my first and im 8 months prego with my second, pretty sure im going to be at the same weight gain with this baby as well. I lost 25 within the first few weeks of my first baby being born, it just fell off , then the rest I had to really put effort towards and just walk alor and drink plenty of water. Remember it takes a good 4 months just for your uterus and everything inside of you to go back to a normal. So dont get to frustrated if its not falling off right away, for most it takes nearly as long as it took to put it on. Just focus on your beautiful new baby and make healthy choices and before you know it , youll be there.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 7:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010