prenatal vitamins before pregnancy

if you take prenatal vitamins before pregnancy do you have a better chance of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i have never heard of it helping but it will make you healthy for when you do get pregnant.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I dont know but it is a good idea because your body needs the folic acid before you concieve to prevent some birth defects like spina bifida. Have you been to a doctor while trying to concieve? THEy may be ale to run some simple tests to make sure everything is working properly.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It MAY help because it can help to better nourish your body BUT whether it helps or not you NEED to be on a prenatal vitamin because folic acid reduces the risk of nueral tube defects.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• they are more expensive than regular vitamins, and when rx'd by the doc your insurance will cover it. so why bother, eat well, don't drink ar smoke and take otc vitamines until you are pregnant.
    hurlbabe

Answer by hurlbabe at 5:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Katelingerum88 took my answer.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• After seeing several people here and on another parenting site say that vitamins got them pregnant, I asked my Dr about it. He said that vitamins will not directly improve fertility, but if you're not getting enough folic acid or iron in your diet then it will be helpful once you become pregnant.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my doctor told me to continue to take my prenatal pills after my D&C to get my body ready to become pregnant again so im guessin if my dr told me to keep takin them bc he knew i wanted to try again then yea it helps
    cjsmom375

Answer by cjsmom375 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• yes! you need to take vitamins to give to your baby. Having them in your system before conceiving will help you out big time!
    Mrs.Josiewood

Answer by Mrs.Josiewood at 3:46 PM on Sep. 11, 2010