placement question?

okay my daughter is inkindergarden and did the placement test... and im lost it says her english language proficiency test score is W-APT does anyone know what this is???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Idk. But I tried to google it, & I think its the name of the Test, not the score... http://www.wida.us/assessment/w-apt/Kindergarten.aspx
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• W-APT is actually the test name. It's WIDA-ACCESS Placement Test. it doesn't give a score for kindergarten, it actually stats at first grade. i'm not sure why they would have done it if there's no kinder scoring.
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• For kindergarten they are probably using it not so much for placement or scoring but just so the teacher can see where everyone is. It helps her to organize the guided reading groups, center activities groups, and to plan additional lessons for the class.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010