What would be the ideal preschool for your child?

Please don't answer if you are against preschool.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Them just teaching my daughter new things such as her ABCs, Numbers,Shapes, Colors, etc. Letting her to be with kids of her age and different ethnic backgrounds
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The one my son is in now. He is in a preschool class that is in our public elementary school. His schedule last year was, circle time(look at books then say hellos when everyone is there). Then they do 2 groups of some learning activity. He had gym and music last year, I'm hoping he gets art this year. They do snack and recess. Then free choice time, then the teacher reads a book and they sing the goodbye song.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well we have done 3 different preschools in 3 years. We LOVED the first one which had the same cirrculum for 20 years, 2 days a week, 2.5 hours a day. Then the wicked witch of the west (literally) took over, fired the little old director and revamped the school. We finished out the year but hated it, and also couldn't afford her DOUBLED tuition rates for the next year. The next year we went with the brand new public preschool or school system rolled out for all residients. It was 5 days a week 3 hours a day. We stuck with it until Christmas, then pulled our son from the program. The classrooms were chaos, we weren't allowed to do any less hours, and our kiddo was just too stressed out. We ended up going second semester to a new preschool that was started by all the outsted teachers from our very first preschool before the wicked witch took over. WE love it. Lots of montessori concepts but with more structure. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• For starters one that is affordable (we don't have a public one really, unless you are low income you are looking at $500-$600 a month because they are all privet) . Past that I want religion to not be part of the curriculum (almost all of them around here are very religious) But things like the Alphabet, colors, numbers,reading, writing, some sort of P.E. (skipping, jump rope, standing on one foot) I like the Montessori like ways of teaching, hands on is always good.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The one we us! The DODEA (military) school district does half day, and theylearn abc's 1-20, and spanish, plus writing their names and more, plus it is so suppotive of us military families! And it is in the same school as K-5!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Affordability is a definite PLUS. I found a program for $102 a month. It is 3 days a week through the park district. I met the teachers and it seems like a great program. They will teach letters, numbers, art, music, gym, and really focus on socialization and working cooperatively.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010