What do you consider "answer dumping"?

I think it's not only when someone answers questions with something like, "Just dumping answers." I also think that it would be considered dumping answers when someone answers a question that they know nothing about or just want to attack the subject. (Ex. When someone asks about anal sex and most of the people answer with "Ew," "You're gross," "That's disgusting," etc.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't appreciate the "just dumping answers" in the crazy for credits section. People are having fun and then someone comes along with what I feel is a negative response. But WOW..... I can NOT believe that these same people have the nerve to post that on "real" questions where people are actually checking to see if someone replied. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!! So, to answer your question.... Yes, I find it very rude to leave that response. As for "good luck" or "check with your Dr."...... Those do not bother me :o)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:00 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Wow...I didn't know that people were bothered by answers so much. This was not an issue before this point theme and I think everyone should take it a less seriously. I have answered questions in which I didn't have exact advice (sick child/parent etc.), just to give well wishes...........where do we draw the line? How censored do we want CM to be?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with you on this one. It bugs me when a question is asked and there is that on or two moms that bash the OP for some of the dumbest things. Like one misspelled word.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh gosh don't get me started - If you don't have anything helpful to say to the question then why post at all? Unless it's a debate of course.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• haha..i saw that the other day. someone posted 'just dumping credits' in several posts..i thought it was clever. at least she wasn't being argumentative or controversial or bashing anyone. just claiming a few credits. kinda like the daily ''what's for dinner?'' posts..i don't really care what people are making for dinner, but its (asking or answering) an 'easy A'. right?? LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• First I've heard of 'just dumping credits'- could be worse.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Just dumping answers :D
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• What do you mean "dumping answers before midnight" or "dumping questions",etc. ? I still don't get it.
    Maybe I just express my opinons and people who ask the question don't like my answer....but,we do have the right to answer with our own opinions,right???
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Tasches...to me, that doesn't qualify as dumping...it's a heated debate.......should someone not answer in fear of being called a dumper? I think it's getting silly here ladies. We're all grown ups here and can answer any question we want, however many times we want. I do agree though that is should be an ACTUAL answer, not just say "dumping answers."
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No, you're making perfect sense. I've never answered with IDK........why bother answering? At least have something positive to say if you don't have the right advice. This is exactly why I preferred CM BEFORE the point system. I believe that CM has lost its original purpose of advice and helping.........now it's mostly just a game.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2010