Someone, please tell me it gets better.

I have two little girls Lia is 15mo, and Raine is 3yrs. Raine is very active, but not one to go exploring and get into what isn't hers. Lia isn't overly active, but boy does she get into everything. Lia has started destroying things, because she likes to take stuff apart, and Raine does this "I'm board and don't want to do anything" act till she finds whatever the Lia has gotten into and then she starts helping her. I am a SAHM, but even I have to go to the bathroom, and when I get back something is in pieces. I love that they are so close and do everything together (including trashing their room instead of napping, or getting up and coming across the house at 2am to sleep on our floor), but they are driving me nuts. I get that I'm boring, but really. Just tell me it will get better.

Raine2007

Asked by Raine2007 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• It does not get better. It just changes. Different ages have different issues. Don't let me star with the teen years. You have 2 girls. Hormones!!!

Answer by louise2 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Of course it gets better LOL. The girls share a room? Is there anywhere to put them in separate rooms? My twins stopped napping close to their 3rd birthday, perhaps the older girl is over napping too. Try keeping her up and letting the little one nap. Then you have some one on one time with the older girl, if bedtime is an issue cutting out nap will make bedtime a LOT easier too. Maybe if she is out of the room then the little one will be able to get a good nap in. Once they hit 3 they don't need quite so much sleep anymore.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It wasn't until my son was about 4 until I finally took a breath, and realized the hard part was over. Being a parent is rough.... but it will get better.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 5:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It really will get better. My older ones used to "help" by reminding the younger ones what they were and weren't supposed to be doing ... but I even had to watch their "help", because sometimes it was too easy for them to blame the young ones. My Anderson once tried to explain to me that 18 month Jalen "must really like socks" and that had to be why Anderson's socks were all over the floor!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 5:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sorry, it doesn't get any better. Different ages Different stages.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm thinking I will cut out (or try to) the naps for my eldest. I'm just frustrated with her lately she acts like my baby sister does and she is 12yr, IDK who is acting their age and who is just being a pain
    Raine2007

Comment by Raine2007 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL....
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010