Caught my 2 sons

I just caught my 2 sons, ages 7 and almost 3 kissing each other on the mouth. Should I be freaked out or something? I told them both that you don't kiss each other or other children on the mouth, but I don't know if I should be really worried and take this more seriously. What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe they saw you and your SO doing it or other adults. Do you kiss your sons on the mouth? Maybe that's how they picked it up and didnt think it was a big deal. I see nothing wrong with siblings that young giving their other siblings a peck on the lips but if it's a full on kiss you need to explain to them what a proper kiss for their age is.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't be worried at all. They're siblings and what's more they're little, I wouldn't think it was weird at all. In fact I'd think it was cute!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think it's something to worry about. Kids are curious, they probably saw a couple kissing on the lips and just wondered what it was. Since you explained this is not something they should do, you're good.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 5:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not a big deal and not weird.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 5:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yeah,,, I wouldn't worried about it. My 4 yr old tried to kiss me passionately like he had seen on beauty and the beast. I quickly informed him that he would have to wait until he was all grown up and had a wife to kiss like that. :)
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not worries. They are young and still figuring out things. Just tell then that they don't do that to each other. All will be fine. Maybe they saw you and your husband kissing or something on t.v. with kissing. Got curouseand tried it out. I remember, when my little brother and I were younger, he saw our older sister with a hickey. So he gave him self one on his arm to see what it was like. He was six if I remember right.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• not to worry
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Was it an open mouth kiss or just a peck on the other's lips? My daughter tried something like that after watching Cinderella and I told her you have to be a grown up to kiss like that and she got it. the only reason I would address it out of concern would be so they don't try to do it to a best friend and have the best friend look at them funny or make them feel bad.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i dont think so after all they are brothers but i would let them no that u dont kiss boys on the mouth and that its not nice to kiss boys or girls on the mouth unless its mommy
    Runt420

Answer by Runt420 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010