Ladies, do you believe

that a guy can really mean it when he tells you that he never checks out other women? This is what my SO tells me and I think that he might just be saying that to keep from making me feel like I am not enough for him. Even though I have told him that it doesn't bother me if he looks and that the only thing that I ask is that he doesn't do it around me. Could he be telling me the truth, or is he lying to me just because he "thinks" that I will be upset if he admits to doing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I dont know...from what I know all men check out other women, but your SO could be a rare find. If you never see him doing it them you should believe him unless you have other reasons not to.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My SO says that too. I believe him for the most part. :-) I think it is possible. I don't think there is anything wrong if he does. As long as he is not disgusting or obvious about it.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I am not bothered by it...just don't want him doing it when he is around me. I caught him once checking out other girls on Hot Or Not back when he and I first started dating and that kinda bothered me, and I guess that was because when I came into the room he quickly closed out of the site. It's ever since that happened that he has told me that he no longer looks at other women. But yea, I find that hard to believe. I wish that I had a lie detector test that I could hook him up to. Ha ha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• LOL... MEN! They are ALWAYS going to check out other women!! I firmly believe that!! My hubby does it w/ me.. I just laugh!! :D I know he isn't going anywhere.. A mans eye is going to look, that is just a man for ya!! I think if he tells you that he isn't then hes lying! JMO.
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• When he was younger he would. But now I usually tell him to look at some slutty looking . Or ones with really fake weaves. Or fake boobs. Funny stuff like that. Usually he will point out ugly ones or ones that look deperate..................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• mine says he doesn't check them out in a sexual way. do you check out men? i dont so i can believe him. we all have eyes and notice if someone is attractive but the thought may just stay there. if he tells you he doesn't trust him unless he shows other wise. if your always worried about it you will get more insecure about yourself. he chose you cause he is attracted to you.
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I think that if he hasn't really given you any reasons lately to make you think that he is doing this, then you should believe him. More than likely even if he DOES look it's not cuz he thinks they are prettier than you or that he'd rather be with them. He is probably just appreciating the fact that they are attractive. Some many people seem to think that ALL men that look at other women are automatically thinking about having sex with them, and that just isn't always the case! You say that it doesn't bother you, but I believe that it does to some extent. Be more confident in yourself! He made the choice to be with you, so obviously you are more than good enough for him! And just remember that confidence in a woman is VERY sexy to a man
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• That means he is into you and wants you to know that you are the most attractive woman to him. Enjoy this and don't over think it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• IDK about your's but mine checks out every female within looking distance. It used to bother me but now I'm accepting of it. It's just him and he seems to not be gone long if looking turns into following and sniffing!

I guess it's possible your's doesn't check other women out. Not probable but possible. A lot of men look without realizing they are looking!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Whether he checks out other woman or not doesn't really matter....it's the trust you have in each other. I think you should just trust him when he tells you he doesn't check out other woman.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2008