A test of your morals

Your SO accidently leaves his email open....do you look through it? You can also connect to his social networking pages through there...do you? He leaves his phone on the counter and you know he won't be home for a few hours...do you go through his phone? (In doing any or all of this, your SO would never know unless you told him.)

I'm asking because of a friendly debate a friend and I had recently.

michelle121003

Asked by michelle121003 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I do actually. I'm too nosy - but SO doesn't mind.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't go through it...I trust.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Why is that a "test of morals?" Because I check my husband's email and facebook messages am I immoral? I don't check it for any reason other than there might be something important, that he needs to see. I know my husband isn't doing anything wrong. My husband doesn't have to "leave them open" I know the passwords.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I do sometimes and my husband knows I do. I dont go through his social networking sites though.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Fortunately, my husband and I are open and honest with each other and neither of us have anything to hide.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would look through it all. Cause I am nosy. Do not want to find anything. But if I do. I must need to know it. I do not hide behind the word TRUST. anybody can do anything. It is a matter of if they want to do it, and get caught doing it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The phone, nah. I'm not nosy, and why would he leave his phone at home if he was worried I'd go through it and find something? And I have all his passwords for Facebook and his email, so I could go through all that any time I want, but I don't feel the need to.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I certainly don't think its a test of morals. We see each other naked daily, seen each other go to the bathroom, and also seen each other in compromising medical positions, why would it be off limits to see each others phones, emailes, or social sites?
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Nope...I don't have a need too since I could ask him to show me and he would. We've known each other too long as friends to be jealous or suspicious.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I haven't and won't do any of that. I guess I'm just not interested.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010