Pastor calls off burning of Quran

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/florida-pastor-terry-jones-cancels-plans-to-burn-quran/19627836?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C169485

It's a weird story, he says the Iman in NY has agreed not to build the mosque and he is meeting with him on Saturday in NY. No sources can confirm that anyone has agreed not to build the mosque.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 6:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In a nutshell, no matter what we do, we will be attacked. So, I don't understand all the back & forth stuff. The radical extremists are going to attack for whatever reason they feel like being offended about,

I was hearing this stuff, that the burning was being called off as the imam was going to move the mosque, at around 4 or 4:30 this afternoon. Then I heard that no, the imam DIDN'T say that, so I don't know wth is going on, and I wish they all would just grow up and quit acting like spoiled brats!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I hope he keeps his word and moves on.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Funny, All of a sudden it's not going to cause our soldiers to be killed and all hell to break out as the Imam threatened?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Plus, if the mosque isn't built we will be attacked. I find this whole thing too twisted for color tv.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I just got a text alert about that, but haven't gotten the chance to read about it. I hope he does get the stick out of his butt and moves on.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It has been officially stated that no deal has been made about the location of the mosque.

I really hope this guy manages to keep the crazy under control.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 8:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I just read a few minutes ago that he called off his calling off because he was "lied to" about the Mosque being moved. IDK.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I heard it is only is the community center is moved. Which they should not be force into that by a threat of burning books. Isn't that terrorism in itself you do this or I do that?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010